Re: Add on oil gauge

To: "Benjamin L. Harrell" <mp2817@medmail.mcg.edu>, "triumph news group" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Add on oil gauge
From: "Larry Quirk" <Larry.E.Quirk@gov.ab.ca>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 21:36:11 -0700
I mounted a Smiths part # PG1310-00C which has 270 degree needle sweep,
white numerals on black face and crome bezel (same as the spedo & tach).
Mechanical hookup with "T" fitting to retain the presure light.  I mounted
it through the hole in the dash steel backing frame that is left of the
spedo's 10 o'clock position (it is where the dash fresh air vents would be
on the GT6).  Drill small pilot holes from the front of the dash to locate
the center of the steel plate hole before drilling out the dash wood with a
2" dia. hole saw.  While your at it, purchase Smiths voltmeter BV2220-00C
and mount it in the corresponding hole on the right hand side of the dash
(gives the passenger something to watch and report on).  The whole
installation looks balanced, sanitary and very stock.
Larry (Spitman)
ps: were the air shocks the ones specified to fit a Corvette? Which brand?
How easy to install?