Another new arrival!!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Another new arrival!!
From: Shawn Mann <shawmon@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 14:33:41 -0500
Listers,

It seems that the past weekend was a good one for many of us.  Although
it took a little while, today I purchased from a coworker a 1970 TR6
that I had asked for advice on a while back.

The pertinent details:

140K miles or so
engine rebuilt professionally approx 10K mi ago
one owner, California car (confirmed)
owner garaged it in 1984, started once or twice since, but not driven
very tatty interior and top
hardtop, that needs restoration
tonneau in good condition
excellent body, w/salvageble paint
NO rust
never crashed

Needs some TLC, but shows nothing but promise

Purchase price: $700

I did a lot of research, and know that I got a great car with potential
for a great price, but I have some important questions.

The owner garaged the car without any storage preparation, and it hasn't
been run in 10 years or so, so what do I need to do to prep the engine,
fuel system and cooling system (aside from changing all of the fluids)
before I try to start the sucker up?

TIA,
Shawn

70 TR6