Re: sunvisors for Spit 1500

To: richard stieg <rstieg@ci.bartlett.tn.us>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: sunvisors for Spit 1500
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@scooter.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 16:32:54 -0500
At 03:35 PM 2/10/98 GMT, richard stieg wrote:
>Attached the VB Sunvisor kit to the Spitfire last weekend, and noticed that
>there is only one mounting bracket per side. A new friends (Lime Green <g>)
>76 has two brackets each side. My visors seem to vibrate and tend to droop
>at speed-well 50 m.p.h. or so-top end seems to be, well, 50 or so (?)
>Does the aftermarket kits have two brackets? Curiouser and curiouser. rick
stieg

Richard,

FWIW, I had  the same experience with only one  support arm each side, when
I ordered sunvisors from Moss a year ago.   Since Moss did not sell a kit,
I returned the single arms (which were chrome, not black like my
originals), and sanded and repainted my original arms.   (Had to chisel the
old visors off, they were so rusted!)  Everything is OK as far as their
ablilty to stay in place.

Of course, you could tell your passengers that the sunvisors automatically
lower themselves at 50 MPH in order to reduce aerodynamic drag and lower
the center of gravity!  <vbg>

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire  FM96062 UO

Succasunna, NJ USA
"There are three types of people in this world:
those that are good with numbers, and those that aren't."