Re: TR3/4 motor "frost plug".

To: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: TR3/4 motor "frost plug".
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 09:32:58 -0800
Cc: Angelo Graham <a3graham@mc1adm.uwaterloo.ca>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Actually,
There are sealers made specifically for freeze plugs.  Also, a socket
may not be the correct tool for inserting the plugs.  This, because the
nature of the plug is that it is convex in its shape.  If it is inserted
properly, tapping in the center of the dome will expand the outside of
the plug and ensure a tight fit.  If one uses a socket around the
perimeter, it may not be enough to form a lasting seal.

Just MHO,
Joe Curry

--
"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible
 to travel across the country coast to coast without seeing