Sluggish GT6

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Sluggish GT6
From: msecres@ibm.net
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 1998 23:16:29 -0500
My GT6 has been acting up.  Its acceleration is quite sluggish, and
occasionally the car will "hiccup" as I'm trying to come up to speed.
Here's what I have done so far in searching for the cure:  checked coil
input/output, replaced points, condenser, cap, and rotor; checked
timing, checked and cleaned almost-new plugs.  The timing retards
correctly upon acceleration, so I'm presuming distributor mechanism
integrity too.  I've basically run out of places within the ignition
system to investigate.

I first noticed the problem during a road trip of some length, and it
has gotten slowly worse.  At this point, I'm suspecting the fuel pump,
which may even be the original unit (w/65K on it).  Is it possible for
the fuel pump to die gradually (rather than completely), and if it is
providing insufficient pressure, what should it be, and how do I check
it?

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6