TR4A Front Calipers

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR4A Front Calipers
From: Jim Jones <jonesj1@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 1998 22:17:42 -0500
List,
Have had no luck checking the usual references, so I want to throw this out
to the list.  Have two different styles of front calipers.  They differ in
the way the dust boot connects to the body of the caliper.  One has a lip
which inserts into a slot in the bore the piston slides into.  This one
appears to be stock TR4A.  The other requires a boot which slides over a
lip which is an extension of the bore and is held in place by a wire spring
clip.  I can't seem to find a picture of this one.  Is it from a Triumph?
If so which one?  I'd like to get a set of boot for it.

Jim Jones
67 TR4A IRS
Daily Driver