Re: LBC software, what would you wish for?

To: GREENTR3@ptdprolog.net
Subject: Re: LBC software, what would you wish for?
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 14:13:58 +0000
Cc: triumph owners digest <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Illegal-object: Syntax error in References: value found on gateway.ukaea.org.uk:References: <md5:6A59C1EB59CAD6A6BB03BEB321AB25D9> ^-illegal end of message identification
> James,

> Then, how about typing your message off-line,
> spell checking it, and then cut-n-paste the result into your e-mail.
>
> No criticism intended, just trying to be helpful.
>
> John

Being dyslexic, I find that if I can recognize when I miss spell a word,
but no actually be able to replace said word with the correct spelling.
The
off-line spelling is not actually an option in this case, if I had it, I
would
certainly be able to use it.  As I said I run Linux system, which runs
on a
PC, to run the spelling checker would evolve changing the active
partition to
my other operating system via a boot menu, running it, booting back into
Linux.
This disallows cutting and pasting, and would necessitate the need to
transfer
the data via Floppy disk.  Converting the CR/LF char's to the platform
standard.

This is a bit time consuming, so I really on the data redundancy of the
english
language.  As you may or may not know English is about 85% redundant,
this means
that if you are presented with 15% of a sentence, you will get the
meaning.  I
also rely on the fact I spell frenetically when I can't spell a word,
you have
to employ a different method of reading to the normal human method, but
it's
partially hard.  I also try an use putuation to compensate for miss
spelt
words, I know you use them, but surly it's harder to read a message with
no Capital letter, full stops or comers.  After all I got to Uni with my
note making.

No offence intended, I get this A LOT when I first meet people, it just
takes
a while for them to get used to my spelling.  The people I feel sorry
for
were my teachers, before

I will investigate getting the spell checker working on my e-mail, I
think
it must use GNU spell, which I will have to install. ;)

--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot