LBC Quiz

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: LBC Quiz
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 16:09:40 -0800
Thanks to all those on the list that assisted me in answering a LBC quiz
given by a notable member of the Triumph Sports Car Club of San Diego.

Here are the questions and answers to that quiz:

1.  There are over 20 British car marques currently in production.  Name
them. NOTE: These are true production car manufacturers, not just kit cars
or one-of-a-kind cars. (total of 24):
AC
Aston Martin
Bentley
Bristol
Caterham
Daimler
Ford
Ginetta
Jaguar
Land Rover/Range Rover
Lister
Lotus
Marcos
McLaren
Mini
MG
Morgan
Reliant
Rolls Royce
Rover
TVR
Vauxhall
Westfield

2. Which is the largest wholly-owned British Marque?   TVR.

3.  Which is the oldest marque and what was it's original name?  AC -
Autocarriers Ltd.

4.  There are over twelve British base production racing car or racing
engine manufacturers.  Name them.  NOTE:  These are manufacturers whose
primary business is building race cars or engines.
Arrows
Benetton
Cosworth
G-Force