rustproofing

To: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: rustproofing
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 14:14:00 -0800 (PST)
I've been going nutso with the rust paint behind the dash... but an idea
just occured to me.

Instead of painting the bodies of the instruments- something I haven't
done yet- would it be enough to smear grease over the bare metal?

Something tells me that they were zinc coated, oh so long ago... and
there's also a number inked on the back that I don't really want to hide.
I have a big pot of 'white' grease (not sure if it's got lithium or not,
but it's greasy)-- it's either that or the cheap stuff you get in 3oz
bottles (mini-grease gun)

Any thoughts?

-Malcolm