Re: Hoodstick Colours

To: John Pike <100400.3704@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Hoodstick Colours
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 09:51:28 +0500 (EST)
Cc: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Tue, 3 Feb 1998, John Pike wrote:

> ...From a purely aesthetic viewpoint, I don't
> think I'd like to see green sticks in a grey interior, and I'm sure you
> could think of some other relatively ghastly combinations.

I don't know, John. That appeared to be the way TS71909L was equipped
*originally*. I stress originally, because the original grey interior is
still there. Unfortunately, what's left of it lives under layers of vinyl
paint: blue, tan and ultimately black. Apparently, the previous owners
couldn't make up their mind WHAT color they wanted the inside! But the
hoodsticks appear always to have been the green of the body. TS73624L,
originally a white car, appears to have had white hoodsticks originally.
So the body-color theory seems to bear out at least up through mid-April
1960, when 73624 was built.

But I have seen (and/or owned) TR3As and TR3Bs in the higher 70000s or
80000s (comm. no.) with the "sandlewood"/beige) hoodsticks, notably
TS80315L (sold) and TCF1564L (languishing along with all my other cars).

--Andy