Re: Hoodstick conclusions

To: <JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Hoodstick conclusions
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 98 15:18:58 -0800
>     Thanks for the (very) many responses regarding the probable original
>     colour of the hoodsticks for TR3a commission number TS81417. Here is
>     what I concluded:
>
>     1. Earlier cars' (TR2, 3, and some 3a) hoodsticks were body colour.
>     2. Sometime around TS7xxxx, they were changed to tan, regardless of
>     body colour.

TS75519L (built spring of 1960, sold as '61) came from the factory with
body coloured sticks

>     3. This lasted through TR3b and into the beginning of TR4 production,
>     but pretty early on the TR4 hoodsticks were changed to black.
>
>     I know this conflicts with what some of you reported, but I took into
>     account both the quality and the quantity of responses.

>From the official TR2-3B concourse judging rules:
"On nearly all cars, the hoodsticks and hoodstick mounting screws were
painted the color of the body of the car.  Some very late cars may have
had their hoodsticks painted black or a buff color.  Do not deduct deduct
for very late cars with black or buff hoodstick assemblies"

>From the Triumph Register of America National newsletter vol 16, #2,
issue #66:

Finishes soft top assembly:  Finish body color except some very late 3A
and 3B.  Some very late TR3A and TR3B were finished in an ivory white.

TeriAnn Wakeman
Santa Cruz, California

NOTE NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS twakeman@cruzers.com