Re: TR transmissions

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>, "Bob" <rlmcneit@cpis.net>, "Triumphs Mail List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR transmissions
From: "Zink" <zink@pdq.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 09:01:53 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
I must agree with Joe about the 2.8L GM engine.  I had an '87 GMC S15 p/u
(my son has it now) and at 142K it spun the front main.  And in the TBI
version is extremely sluggish.  But in the same vein, a Buick 3.8L with
multi port FI and an intercooled turbo, produces about 300hp on pump gas.
And is significantly smaller than the Ford 5L.

Lawrence R Zink
Zink@pdq.net