lemons and vinyl

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: lemons and vinyl
From: "Robert J. Carley" <rcarley@uoguelph.ca>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 09:39:12 -0500 ()
I am re-doing my TR6 seats this winter.  The upholstery shop where I had a
few repairs done recommended the application of 'lemon oil' as a method of
caring for the vinyl.  They recommended against using the common
commercial products for vinyl care, going so far as to say that they will
harm the vinyl instead.

Has anyone had experience with lemon oil on vinyl interiors?  Their
argument is that all vinyl is oil based; therefore, lemon oil will be
soaked in (excess is wiped off, of course) and will help to re-juvenate
the material.

Advice is appreciated.

Robert Carley
Ontario, Canada
73 TR6 - waiting in the barn on a bright Winter's day with 6" of snow on
the ground (the car, not me).