Re: Oil Coolers in TR-6

To: rgb@exact.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Oil Coolers in TR-6
From: tr6guy@juno.com (Joseph J Burlein)
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 20:01:10 EST
Ha!  At least you have a "dry" heat!  Try  95 degrees and 95% humidity!

Actually, the radiator is fine and I have new hoses and thermostat.  But,
when the car sits at a stand still or moves very slow, the guage starts
to climb.

Oh, not original, as in being able to order with the car, more that you
could get it as an accessory.

Joe Burlein
72 TR-6

On Thu, 29 Jan  09:12:07 1998 rgb@exact.com writes:

>>The car is for weekend driving and not a racer.
>
>Why put an oil cooler on?  I drive my TR6's daily in Texas without
>a problem.  Does it get above 104 there?
>
>Spend the money on a new radiator if there is any question, new
>thermostat and green hoses.
>
>It appears anyother expensive place for oil leaks.
>
>> original coolers installed when the car was new?
>
>Never heard of it being original.  There are holes ahead of the rad
>for its attachment on '69-'74.
>
>You guys in Florida just "think" you know what heat is!  Which reminds
>me to get back to that slick A/C for the TR6, round 2.
>
>Roger
>
>--
>Roger G. Bolick, rgb@exact.com 512-794-9567, FAX 345-2879

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]