Re: painting

To: cavies@xtra.co.nz
Subject: Re: painting
From: stu-jo bollen <stu.jo@ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 09:54:32 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
cavies@xtra.co.nz wrote:

> Anybody here ever stripped the paint off a car (automobile) and done a
> complete repaint job?.  What is the best way to do it, paint stripper?.
>
> Williams
> Triumph 2500TC
> Triumph 2000 being stripped
> Morris Minor 1973
> Morris Minor 1961

Yes, I took my TR6 down to bare metal. I used 2 gallons of Aircraft
strength stripper. My job was particularly difficult because the car had
been painted three times, once with lacquer, which goes slimy, and twice
with enamel.Enamel comes off very nicely. Took me about 40 hours of
work, but it depends on how many coats you need to get off.
Stu
74 TR6 80 TR8