Re: Intake manifold for dual SU's on 1500 cc Spitfire

To: Edward Hamilton <hamilton@ptd.net>
Subject: Re: Intake manifold for dual SU's on 1500 cc Spitfire
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 23:50:17 -0800
Cc: r-james@tamu.edu, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

Edward Hamilton wrote:

> Joe,
> I think you meant to state the HS4's to be 1-1/2" -- which I recently
>purchased
> from a European source.  Now, all I need is information regarding where to
> purchase the rebuild kits.  The carbs have no #'s on them.  Any suggestions
>out
> there?
>
> Regards,
> Ed Hamilton

Ed,
You caught me!  Actually, I DID mean to say 1 1/2".  I knew that,  REALLY!,   I
DID!

It was a typo.  honest!.

As to the rebuild kits, I got the ones for my HS2's from TRF.  I like that
source
because they came with the complete parts set at a reasonable price.  Many
others I
found were missing the needles.  If that does not pan-out, contact Joe Curto
(Mr.
SU) at 718-762 SUSU (7878).

He has all kinds of SU parts.  Also adapters for the 1300 intake manifold that
adapts to the HS4's.

THe setup you have is the "right" way to add twin SU's to 1500 engines.
However,
since the European engines are designed without all the smog junk and more HP, I
wonder how the additional fuel is handled by a stock US 1500.

Regards,
Joe
--
"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible
 to travel across the country coast to coast without seeing