Pushrods revisited

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Pushrods revisited
From: Peter Lucas <pllj@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 22:24:41 +0000
First off, thanks to all who responded to the question regarding the
length of Spit pushrods. (1500 vs. 1300). The general concensus is that
the're all the same length. I just replaced the [1300 head] on my 1500
engine with a [1500 head]. When assembling the 1500 head to the 1500
engine using the rocker assembly and pushrods from the 1300, I ran into
a problem with pushrod reach. After full rocker arm adjustment, there is
still too much of a gap between rocker and valve. I'm almost tempted to
mill the head down a bit to bring up the compression- which would also
take care of the pushrod problem. With todays gas, has anyone had good
or bad experiences with bringing up the compression? In either case, how
much was milled off? Note: I'm running a hotter than stock cam.

Thanks in advance-
PL