Re: What is correct finish for trunnions?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: What is correct finish for trunnions?
From: rgb@exact.com
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 22:45:39 1998
>front trunnions are brass, but I think that I can see traces of black

Wrong, in a rarely known fact, the TR6 painted the right (starboard)
trunnion bright green and the left (port) trunnion bright red.
This paint didn't stick very well, so is impossible to see except on
a most original car or properly prepared Concours example.

The Dupont Old World colour codes for these rare colors are A-123/456.

The trunnions were originally used on the Spitfloat racing barge.
Hence the colorful heritage...

Roger
(you going to be at the SW VTR in OK 4/25?  In my category?)
(and no, I do not know for sure, I thought black... but?)

--
Roger G. Bolick, rgb@exact.com 512-794-9567, FAX 345-2879