Re: What is correct finish for trunnions?

To: Vito Pacione <vito@argohouston.com>
Subject: Re: What is correct finish for trunnions?
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 21:10:18 -0800
Cc: Triumph News Group <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Vito Pacione wrote:

> Does anyone have a really low mileage original car that they can reference
> for me?
>
> The front trunnions are brass, but I think that I can see tradces of black
> paint on them. It's always hard to tell whether it's paint or dirt after
> many years, but it sure looks like they should not be left brass.
>
> Can someone let me know? thanks!

I'm just going to say... that two several triumph TR 4A's that I've
messed with ... had black trunnions... and I think they were the
original trunnions...  I've heard many say they were left brass... but
my experience has been different...

...but I did removed the paint on my current 4A... and left it brass.

--Justin