TR6 Frame Rustproofing

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 Frame Rustproofing
From: cpoulin@i2020.net (Chuck Poulin)
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 19:51:54 -0500
I am preparing a replacement frame for my 74 TR6.  I have been told that
there was a thread a while back concerning galvanizing.

A few years ago, I read an advert in a british published magazine about
a company in England who galvanized 6 frames (They also sold a new
frame, using only the front suspension uprights, Coil over rear
shocks/springs and beefed up rear diff mounting points.

My biggest concern would be warpage due to the sudden heat application
during the process, and the need to make extra holes in the frame so the
the stuff can get into all the crevices.

Also involved, would be getting the inside of the frame clean of paint.
Both of the companies that I have talked to say that the pre-treatment
will not remove paint, and from what I can tell, the frame parts were
painted prior to being welded up.

If anyone has info, I would appreciate it.

Chuck Poulin

74 TR6
65 Galaxie
Too many cats