Re: Spitfire Speakers

To: Andrew Miller <amiller@JetForm.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Speakers
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 11:08:53 -0800
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

Andrew Miller wrote:

> I was looking for a speaker enclosure that offered good sound, could
> swap between Mums car, Dads car, different friends cars and the stereo
> in the basement and was cheap in price but not in sound.

A word of caution regarding "removable speakers".  It is a good idea to
devise some sort of clips that will hold the speakers in place.  With those
heavy magnets, speaker enclosures can become an "irresistible force" in an
emergency situation.  Nothing like being struck in the back of the head by a
5 pound speaker box when you are trying to save your LBC from crawling up
someone's tailpipe.

A few years ago, a group of our Seattle Seahawks were coming home from
"partying" in a local bar and hit a utility pole.  They would have all been
OK, except for the huge speaker cabinet that was formerly in the back of
their SUV came flying forward striking one of the passengers in the back of
the neck.  He now is permanently attached to a wheelchair with spinal cord
injuries.

Joe Curry

--
"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible
 to travel across the country coast to coast without seeing