Stuck Drain Plugs and "Gator Grip"

Subject: Stuck Drain Plugs and "Gator Grip"
From: David Moag <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 13:18:35 -0800
Hello all,

I followed with great interest the recent thread on drain plug removal. And
thanks for the tip on the 8-pt socket --- that took care of mine EXCEPT for
the one that the DPO had rounded out 3 of the 4 corners on the plug. I was
almost resigned to going the drill-out route, when I picked up something
called the Gator Grip Universal Socket to try out. It's a socket filled w/
a bunch of pins that the package claimed would adjust to any shape.

Well, I'm actually quite shocked, but it worked! This plug was in horrible
shape, I had tried sockets, wrenches, vise grips, and nothing could hold on
tight enought to bust it loose. The gator grip did --- hardest part of the
whole process was getting the plug back OUT of the socket after removing it
from the gear box!

- Dave Moag
77 Spitfire
62 TR3B