Re: Stainless exhaust for 1980 spitfire 1500

To: Nikki MW1 <NikkiMW1@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Stainless exhaust for 1980 spitfire 1500
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 20:45:20 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Nikki MW1 wrote:

> Hello listers,
> I have a question for the spitfire owners out here.  I have recently broughht
> my engine back to stock specifications but now I am needing an exhaust system.
> I have been told that since I don't use my "baby" everyday that I would be
> better off with a stainless exhaust.  I would like to get any feedback about
> this from the list.  Also, I was looking at the Monza exhaust but was told
> that it would not help with emissions.  Any feedback wuld be appreciated.

Nikki,I think that Stainless exhaust is a good buy regardless of how much (or
little) you drive the car.  It'll likely last a lifetime.  The Monza exhaust
system will not help or hurt the emissions control system, since the emissions
control equipment is limited to the engine and exhaust manifold.  The exhaust
can
be fit behind the cataletic converter.  So either a Stainless or the Monza
system
would work ok.  I doubt that you would get any decrease in emissions control
capability with either one.  However, You may like the sound of the Monza system
better. (I do)

Regards,
Joe Curry
--
"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible
 to travel across the country coast to coast without seeing