Re: TR6 Spotting

To: Joe Merone <jmerone@vtetv.org>
Subject: Re: TR6 Spotting
From: Bob Otten <ottenr@clark.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 09:50:14 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Joe Merone wrote:

> >Date-warning: Date header was inserted by mail.cninc.com
> >From: Andy <adixon@loudoun.com>
> >Subject: TR spotting
>
> >Northern VA, route 7 and Holly Knoll. Green TR6 TR6FUN, are you on the
> >list? That was supposed to be a honk of the horn but the Blazer doesn't do
> >that well. I think the air bags inflate if you hit the horn button.
>
> >Andy
> >'74 TR6 -- currently small pieces of metal held together with rust.
>
> Andy:
>
> I believe the car in question is actually a rental from the Charlottesville
> area.  There's a guy there who rents out his 6 LBCs and other sports cars.
> They all have vanity plates with "fun" in the wording.  I met him when I was
> down there over the Thanksgiving weekend and used his TR3 for a day.   We
> tooled along Skyline Drive and many other great roads that you've got in
> Virginia.  Very cool!  I'm actually delinquent in preparing a report to the
> list on this great little business but will do so soon.  Stay tuned.
>
> Joe Merone
> CF18928
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Joe & Andy:

I believe you saw me in my 73 TR-6 liscence TR6RFUN.  It is Mallard
Green , New Tan interior with painted WW's. it's not a rental, it's
mine(sometimes I wish it is a rental).  It is a daily dry weather
driver.

I live in Reston off Restton PKWY near RT 7.

Let me know how you're doing with your TR.

My email addr is ottenr@clark.net ping me if you need anything.

Thanks,

Bob Otten