Re: Welding

To: cavies@xtra.co.nz
Subject: Re: Welding
From: SUCHAK <suchak@mediaone.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 16:57:02 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Buying a Mig welder is like buying an air compressor, you'll wonder how
you ever survived without one.  It's really pretty simple to do, if you
have a "feel" for other tools, welding should come to you quickly.
(Hint, watch the puddle, not the bright spot.)  It took me about an hour
of welding on waste stock to get it down pat.

Spring for the extra money and go gas.  Flux core wire seems to spatter
and the beads look nasty, but after buying the gas conversion kit my
welds looked 100% better.

(Plus it represents an entire paradigm shift in the sort of projects you
can undertake, which is certainly worth a couple hundred bucks, no?)

John