Distributor weights

To: jgillis@tcd.ie
Subject: Distributor weights
From: "Jack I. Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 07:59:08 -0500
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>2. Now the tech. Q's The area that seems to have suffered most wear is the
>action plate which sits under the centrifugal weights and the weights
>themselves. I have not seen either item offered for sale by suppliers.
>Anybody know if these bits are obtainable. Also the springs on the weights
>seem to be of a different guage to eachother, normal or what??

++++++++++++++++++++

John,

I was searching for the weights and other distributor parts a little while
ago. I believe Revington TR had these components.  Aside from them, I was
unable to find them new anywhere else.

My springs were of different gage material too, but I have serious doubts
they were original. They wer two entirely different springs.  I can't really
help on this one.

BTW - my dizzy in my NON-concours TR3A was so bad, that I elected to replace
it with a Mallory dual point, with vacuum advance.  It's kind of big with a
bright red cap, but very solid and stable.

Good luck.

Jack Brooks
TS69032L