dashboard (fascia) removal

To: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: dashboard (fascia) removal
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 17:18:14 -0800 (PST)
Ok, as usual, I have run into a stumbling block.

The Haynes Manual, in all its omnipotence, says that I must remove the
tach and speedo before removing the dash.  Can I reach the screws above
the two instruments from below?  Or are they Real Tight (tm) and thus
require extra work?

Reason I ask, the nice (looking) knurled nuts have managed to hold on for
dear life.  I can't budge them with my hands (but I now have extra holes
in my thumbs-- ow) and I don't want to wreck the knurling with the
pliers/vice grips... mostly because I can't get enough grip on them
without installing a reverse-bending elbow on to _me_.

The steering column came out without much trouble, but I got a lot of dust
(from the felt) in my eyes.  My advice to others-- wear glasses!

-Malcolm
'62 TR4