Re: FW: My new compressor motor died....HELP

To: Chris Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: FW: My new compressor motor died....HELP
From: Andy <adixon@loudoun.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 18:31:43 -0500 (EST)
Cc: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Date-warning: Date header was inserted by mail.cninc.com
Chris,
Don't forget the obvious, mine just started tripping the circuit breakers.
Colder weather allowing a little more draw. I don't know. Maybe you lost a
phase?
Andy

P.S.
I'm jealous of your system. Maybe our collective jealousy put the jinx on it.
We'll try to stop.

On 01/19/98 02:59 PM Chris Prugh said...

>Listers,
>
>       About a month ago, (you may remember), I got this 1 hp, 220 V.
motor to
>drive my compressor.  I got the new pressure cutout switch, wired up the
new main
>switch and fired her up.  Everything worked fine.  I proceeded to plumb the
rest of
>the garage with my new air lines,  got my drier and  regulator all in line,
downspouts
>every 10 feet,  etc., etc.
>
>       Yesterday, I went to actually use the damn thing.  Mind you last time
I tried it,
>it worked just fine.  Plug it in, turn on the main power....nothing.  Try
>switch
multiple
>times (of course)...nothing.  No hum as though things were bound, just
nothing.  Spin the
>pully, everything is free wheeling.  Start pulling wires and checking for
cicuit continuity.
>Everything checks out.  As a last resort, I wire straight to the motor,
bypassing all switches.
>Still....nothing.  The motor just died.  Hell, it's brand new, maybe .5 hr on
>it.
I don't want