FW: My new compressor motor died....HELP

To: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: FW: My new compressor motor died....HELP
From: Chris Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 14:59:38 -0800

Listers,

        About a month ago, (you may remember), I got this 1 hp, 220 V. motor to
drive my compressor.  I got the new pressure cutout switch, wired up the new
main
switch and fired her up.  Everything worked fine.  I proceeded to plumb the
rest of
the garage with my new air lines,  got my drier and  regulator all in line,
downspouts
every 10 feet,  etc., etc.

        Yesterday, I went to actually use the damn thing.  Mind you last time I
tried it,
it worked just fine.  Plug it in, turn on the main power....nothing.  Try
switch multiple
times (of course)...nothing.  No hum as though things were bound, just nothing.
 Spin the
pully, everything is free wheeling.  Start pulling wires and checking for
cicuit continuity.
Everything checks out.  As a last resort, I wire straight to the motor,
bypassing all switches.
Still....nothing.  The motor just died.  Hell, it's brand new, maybe .5 hr on
it.  I don't want
to dismount the damn thing and ship it back if I can repair it here.

        What would you suggest I try from this point?  I know it's kinda tough
to diagnose
this kinda thing without seeing it, but maybe somewhere in the recesses of your
vast
fountain of electrical expertise you can pull out a few of the more obvious
things to check.

Thanks in advance

Chris Prugh
72 Spitfar (up on stands)