Quintan-Hazell Parts and Other Things

To: "Robert Van and Ann Cross" <vancross@visuallink.com>
Subject: Quintan-Hazell Parts and Other Things
From: "\"Mr. Mike\" Passaretti" <passaretti@sol.med.ge.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 14:55:38 -0600
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

    Robert> A second question for you most learned folk.  In the
    Robert> rebuild kit that I recieved from TRF it included
    Robert> metal bushings which, I suppose, fit into the
    Robert> nylon bushings on the rear portion of the lower A
    Robert> arms.  This attaches to the mounting bracket on
    Robert> the frame.  My problem is that I can't get the old
    Robert> metal bushing off of the mounting bracket.  all
    Robert> four of them (on each lower A arm) are on solid
    Robert> and appear to be a permanent fixture.  I even took
    Robert> a cold chisel to the joint between the metal
    Robert> bushing and bracket with no luck.  Any ideas?

I had the same problem with Sonja (TR-4, but same parts, I
think).  I just calipered the ones that were there, checked
for basic roundness and parallelism and had the bushes bored
out (which you have to do anyway) to match them.  The new ones
are in the box still.  No problems yet (3 years, 15Kmiles
later).  There was plently of meat left on what was there and
they weren't pitted or (very) OOR, so it worked for me.  YMMV.

                                                        -MM