Quintan-Hazell Parts and Other Things

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Quintan-Hazell Parts and Other Things
From: "Robert Van and Ann Cross" <vancross@visuallink.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 15:44:31 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Listers,
    I have been following with much dismay the thread on Quintan-Hazell
parts.  I'm in the process of doing a total rebuild on the front suspension
of my TR3A.  Upon checking the latest parts recieved from Moss, I found that
they sent me Q-H tie rod ends.  I can't tell about the ball joints  since
they weren't in a box like the tie rod ends.  They look ok (famous last
words) but do I trust them?  Are there any sources for suspension parts that
have a better reputation?
    A second question for you most learned folk.  In the rebuild kit that I
recieved from TRF it included metal bushings which, I suppose, fit into the
nylon bushings  on the rear portion of the lower A arms.   This attaches to
the mounting bracket on the frame.  My problem is that I can't get the old
metal bushing  off of the mounting bracket.  all four of them (on each lower
A arm) are on solid and appear to be a permanent fixture.  I even took a
cold chisel to the joint between the metal bushing and bracket with no luck.
Any ideas?

Thanks for all your help
Bob Van
60TR3A with some questionable parts.