Re: An interesting approach to ignition

To: dr_faustus@cyber-west.com
Subject: Re: An interesting approach to ignition
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 98 09:07:42 PST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Dr. Faustus wrote:
        > Has anybody on this this evenhad any experience with Nology spark
plug wires

Scam.  2 years ago we invited their engineers to a Pantera meeting, and
they put on a most impressive lecture, and we were all duly impressed.
They cited claims that they were almost exclusivly used by winning
drag racers, and the "fizziks" appeared quite sound.

However, my own personal research has showed it to be in the same snake-pit
as the fuel-polarizers, gadgets from JC Whitney, etc.  I've been
looking around for my references, and cannot find them (yet), but when
I do, I will post them to the list. The references include several
magazine and independent dyno-tests which showed zero gain in hp and torque.

The young kids do seem to like them in their low-rider Hondas etc, but its
easy to sell anything colorful to kids these days.  I speak in
generalities, of course, our younger breathren on this list excepted!

If this stuff worked, we could buy $300 worth of stuff from JC Whitney
and double our horsepower.  Remember, it is important to add the
gadgets  that "adds 10-20 hp" and then bolt on the equipment that
"increases hp by 10-15%" - you lose if you do it the other way.  ;)

Caveat emptor.

        Shane Ingate in San Diego