Re: hardtop

To: Robert Carley <rcarley@uoguelph.ca>, TR List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: hardtop
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 23:18:19 -0500
Robert J. Carley"  writes:

>Will a hardtop from a TR4 fit on a TR6, or did TR4s just come in the
>Surrey top configuration.  I'm asking as I saw a TR4 with a hardtop on a
>web page, and it has smoother lines than the TR6 hardtop.

>See: http://www.netins.net/showcase/niehaus/work.html

>Thanks to Justin Wagner for this link on his page.

>Robert Carley
>Ontario, Canada

No, Bob, it won't.  The rear scuttle on the TR6 is different than the
one on the TR4.  The TR6 scuttle is flatter where the TR4 scuttle is
more contoured.

A friend of mine bought a rear scuttle at auction for his TR250.  Since
it was a TR6 scuttle he couldn't use it and he had to sell it to me.  Oh
well.  I guess I got stuck with a brand new piece of sheet metal for half
price.  BTW it looks great on my car.

Dave Massey
St. Louis, MO USA