Re: Quinton-Hazell parts

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Quinton-Hazell parts
From: Bob Sykes <s1500@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 14:26:34 -0800
Triumphal ones,

I bought a QH radiator cap a couple of years ago.  It is the
hardest cap to remove & replace that I've ever experienced on
any vehicle.  However I have also used countless other QH parts
on my cars (mostly suspension) without problems (yet).

QH seems to be getting a bad rep. from a variety of sources
these days.  Has their quality declined that much?  Has the
company changed hands?  Weren't QH the OEM for many LBC parts
in the 60s and 70s?  Their "original" parts never seemed to
have this bad reputation.  What gives?

Curious,
Bob (& '78 Spitfires)
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/s1500

Atwell wrote:
> > Which parts seem to cause the most trouble?   All war stories appreciated!
> > Good experiences are worth sharing too.
> >
> > If the Q-H stuff is not the best, then what is?    And what are some
> > sources for the good stuff?

Paul replies:
> Coming from my Tiger experiences, QH(Quality? HA!) has a reputation for
> bad parts that exceed Lucas's "Prince of Darkness" reputation.
[...]