lets guess the missing parts.

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: lets guess the missing parts.
From: "marvinm" <marvinm@mscomm.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 12:31:59 -0800
I have located the "flame trap" on my vaccum advance system for my
spitfire, (as shown in lower left corner of VB catalog page 94)  the clip
is shown with a part number but not the flame trap (no part number) and i
have a couple of questions

1...whilst looking at the picture shown above, there appears to be a
bracket, that lacks a number, right below part #1, and just above the
retainer clip that is part #6, does anyone else with one of these cars have
that bracket, and can you give rough dimensions, will fabricate if
necessary.

2...the entire system is missing, save the flame trap and the
carb->flametrap tube,  question is, is all this tubing the same size and
made from what material.

3...the distributor on my car was replaced with a delco remy model, it
still has the vaccum advance but also has a manual advance knob, is this a
good thing??? or should i go ahead and get a prince of darkness model.
(actually have one, just don't know whats wrong with it and why DPO
replaced it with the delco)

4...thanks to all who helped with the carbon cannister dillemma, it lead to
replumb of that sub system and the above questions.

5...and to james carpenter,  what the hell is a marmot, i have looked and
looked and looked and can find no reference to a marmot, is that like a
lemming or should i re-install my encyclopedia on the computer first??

larry
'79 spit  #FM99248U feb 79, apparently mid production
federal car.  needs lot's of help. so does the owner.

pardon me i've been looking for myself, have you seen me anywhere??????