Re: PH3600 oil filter

To: Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: PH3600 oil filter
From: Jeff Johnson <jguy@erinet.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 21:29:23 -0500
Bob;
I'm not familiar with the Cam2 filters but a cross-reference guide will probably
show them to be  similar to the Fram and Motorcraft filters referred to earlier.
I didn't mean to convey that an anti-drainback or a bypass valve were necessary.
In fact, I use an obsolete Pennzoil PZ8 filter that has neither valve. When I
converted from the old canister type filter, the PZ8 was mentioned in some
6-pack newsletters as a filter that would work. I haven't given a thought to
whether it's "correct" or not. I don't think a bypass or an anti-drainback  is
necessary. It's just that most modern filters incorporate both these features.
Just so happens that the thread size, gasket, etc. mate perfectly with the
adaptor kits sold for our TR6's.

Cheers,

Jeff Johnson