RE: repair manuals: TR6

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: repair manuals: TR6
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 17:01:11 -0700
Doug,

I think you will find that although the general consensus on the list is
the more manuals the better (mostly for cross-referencing and getting a
different view of certain operations, but also so that you are as
"covered" as possible in case some of the manuals omit certain parts
which others then include), the Bentley manual for the TR6 is the best
one there is.

I personally have a Haynes and a Bentley and consult my Bentley more
frequently. The Haynes I use to clarify some things which need it when
the Bentley comes up short.

60 bucks is not a lot. Consider how much 2 hours of your mechanic's
labor would cost if he/she were to do something you couldn't or wouldn't
because you didn't have the manual. Believe me, it will pay itself off
in no time and you will wonder how you managed without one. Seriously...

I think if you shop around you can get them for less than 60. Just
search for Bentley (amazon.com is a good place to start the shopping
process if you live in North America).

Definitely get one if you plan to do your own maintenance, and even if
you don't, it is good to know what your mechanic will be doing.

That's my opinion anyway...

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada