Fwd: repair manuals: TR6boundary="part0_884907587_boundary"

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fwd: repair manuals: TR6boundary="part0_884907587_boundary"
From: DSpoff2660 <DSpoff2660@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 18:39:47 EST

--part0_884907587_boundary

sorry, messed up the address the first time
Doug

--part0_884907587_boundary

From: DSpoff2660 <DSpoff2660@aol.com>
To: triumph@autox.team.net
Subject: repair  manuals: TR6
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 07:05:39 EST

Hello everybody,

I want to first thank the list for providing hours of great reading.  From the
sound of it I guess I am pretty lucky.  I have owned my TR6 for almost six
years, used it as a daily driver in the summer and some winters and I have
only had minor problems (knock on wood).

But even though I have found some useful information from the list (sorry I
haven't contributed much) I am very much a visual person.  I am looking for a
good repair and service manual to provide more detailed descriptions for the
mechanically challenged.  I currently have a Haynes manual for my Trooper and
I think the layout is great, exactly what I am looking for.  The only problem
is that after talking to Haynes I found out the TR6 manual is out of print and
they don't plan on starting it up again in the near future.  Chilton just
seems to have a compiled book of many models.  I found the Bentley
publications home page and they have a package deal for the Complete Official
Triumph TR6/TR250 which is both the repair manual and an owners handbook for
the year of your vehicle for $60.00.  Did anybody get this?  If so is it worth
it?  The Haynes manuals seem to go for under $20.00 and they have plenty of
information.

The book I have now is from Clymer Publications and it has information on
TR2-TR6 and the GT6 in about 350 pages.  Not too detailed.  Plus some of the
pages are missing, i.e.: wiring diagrams for the TR6.  I really do need
something else.

Thanks in advance for any of your help.

Doug Spofford
Colchester,VT