RE: VB Reman. Trans.

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: VB Reman. Trans.
From: Richard Ceraldi-ERC004 <Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 16:28:04 -0600
Cc: HMENTZEN.aol.com%PWMS1@email.mot.com
Comments: ( Received on motgate.mot.com from client pobox.mot.com, sender Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com )
Hans,
  I would say at that price you should go for it. I did get one from John
Kipping for around $425 including shipping and paying for the core a couple
of years ago. The pound was $1.50 then and now it is closer to $2. I did
notice in his last catalog the Spit box had gone up in price.

For all the hassle it is making the change it is worth the extra money for
remanufactured. When putting in a used box who says it is any bettter than
the on you are taking out.

Not to turn this into a case of shipwrights but have you considered
rebuilding/replacing the slave and clutch master cyulinder while you have
easy access. Don't forget the silicone brake fluid while you are at it.
Another thing to think about is replacing the u-joint on the prop shaft
while you have it out as well.

Of course you would want to change the clutch, pp, and tb while it is all
apart. I would keep away from the Quentin Hazel components though. Not to
get in it here but I wold say most people steer clear of them Ask the person
selling them to you who makes the parts. Borg and Beck is good.

Have fun,
Richard Ceraldi
Austin, TC
71 GT6 MKIII KF166L