Re: TR6 report card

To: jbonina@nectech.com
Subject: Re: TR6 report card
From: stu-jo bollen <stu.jo@ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 15:15:25 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
jbonina@nectech.com wrote:

>      I just sent my newly purchased '73 TR6 to the local 'expert' to have
>      him look the car over for me.
>
>      Are there any specific TR6 questions I should ask? Special areas of
>      concern?
>
>      Thansk in advance.
I think you should have done that before you bought it! However, if he
is indeed an expert (there's an awful lot of experts around)he will look
first for rust in the rear subframe mounts, and end play in the crank
from worn thrustwashers. These are the two biggest problem areas in the
TR6 I am aware of.THen check clutch action. If its very stiff or the
gears are hard to engage, it could be a broken shear pin in the clutch
cross shaft. Othetrwise the 6 is a good sturdy fun car, and I hope you
enjoy yours as much as I do mine.
Stu
74 TR6 80 TR8