Rack O'pinion

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Rack O'pinion
From: wave@ravenet.com (Will Daly)
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 14:10:10 -0800
I've got some free play in the steering of a '74 TR6.  It's not extreme
but there is little resistance from about 10 to 2 oclock on the wheel.
Once moving over 20mph it's not as noticeable. Nothing is loose as in
bolts or rack mounts from what I can see....is there an adustment
somewhere around the junction of the steering column and rack ( I hope
:) ..or is it "new rack time" ?

Also, the articles by Charles Brown and Dan Masters on alternator
workings were excellent!!  I converted the lucas to a 60 amp GM
alternator ($35) in about 30 minutes ( can you say "BRIGHT dash lights"
and "FAST windshield wipers" at 700rpm !!? :)

I hate Electricals  -love Electronics!

Thanx!
Will