RE: interchangeability of speedos

To: "'Ben@seiph.umds.ac.uk'" <Ben@seiph.umds.ac.uk>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: interchangeability of speedos
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@satie.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 10:56:55 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
As I understand it they are calibrated to the gear ratio of the tranny.
There is a number on the face of the speedo which indicates a ratio (not
sure what that ratio actually is).  If you can find one with the same
number regardless of what it came out of, all will be correct.
Otherwise the mileage and speed indicated will be off by the variance
between your ratio and the one on the "new" one.

Have not had one apart, so can't address the other question.

Later,
Carl F. Musson (musson@arts.usf.edu)
'58 TR3A TS25264L  www.arts.usf.edu/~musson/triumph/
Tampa, Florida (USA)