Re: interchangeability of speedos

To: Ben@seiph.umds.ac.uk
Subject: Re: interchangeability of speedos
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 15:51:00 +0000
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Illegal-object: Syntax error in References: value found on gateway.ukaea.org.uk:References: <md5:4F5285D5D48CF4E30DFA83F00868A25C> ^-illegal end of message identification
If my train of thaught is correct, you should be able to use
any speed'o that is calibreated for your size wheels, and
ratio of final drive.  If you work it out, you can estimate
how far one revolution of the prop shaft will propell you,
there is one problem, you need to add into that how mainy
revolutions of the propshaft it takes to turn the speedo.

I know you should be able to work out the final drive ratio,
and using Pi R squared work out the rest, the only thing
I am not shure of it the revolutions of speedo cable to
propshaft, one way of working it out is by counting teath.

e.g. one propshaft has 30 teath, and speedo has 10 this
gives 3:1 so the speedo turns 3 times as fast as the propshaft.

Note I can't think of an easy way to do it for a worm drive.

--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot