Re: Triumph World # 18

To: curry@wolfenet.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, amace@unix2.nysed.gov
Subject: Re: Triumph World # 18
From: GuyotLeonF <GuyotLeonF@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 16:28:13 EST
In a message dated 12/01/98  01:55:26, you write:
<<
 I am receiving quite a few EMAILs  from Individuals in
 Holland as a result of an article in their club mailer.
(Thanks to our friends in Club Triumph Holland & the Spitfire Club of the
Netherlands)
Tot Ziens.

Talking of Holland,and Wedgewood,as you were earlier,I'm surprised that no
ones mentioned Triumph Delft Blue as found on TR6's? (more blue pottery).
And that's another thing,whilst we are on about it,the origin of Sapphire Blue
is obvious,but to what 'powder' does Triumph Powder Blue refer?
Perhaps it's got a cosmetic connection?
or is it something to do with decorating,like 'white-wash' ?
Joe,you'll be real sorry you started this thread!
Leon
Oh,go on then,let's ask the whole question?

'Lichfield' Green ?
'Royal' Blue ?
'Sebring' White ?
'Monaco' Blue ?
'Sienna' Brown ?
'Alpine' Mauve ?
'Targo' Purple ?
'Valencia' Blue ?
'Renoir' Blue ?

and those are just some of the Herald/Vitesse Colours who's names have strange
origins,and that's without all the TR colours,(especially the early sidscreen
colours),
and all the Spitfire colours,like 'Tahiti' Blue ?

If anyone out there has any ideas about the story behind these colours (colors
in US),please share your knowledge with us,as even I don't have the answers to
this question! (Andy,over to you!)
Leon
(Glad to have two Signal Red Triumphs!)