Re: Dumb Question

To: "Will O'Brien" <hobrien@webos1.com>
Subject: Re: Dumb Question
From: Zink <zink@pdq.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 1998 19:42:46 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Will O'Brien wrote:

> In preparation for installing my new calipers, pads, front bearings
> and
> those cool SS teflon hoses on my 77 spit, I'm getting ready to pull
> the
> front hubs.  I can't figure out how to pull the Hub caps that cover
> the nut
> and split pin that holds the hubs together.  Reccomindations???
>
> Will

> Will O'Brien
> OS Design & Consulting
> email: hobrien@webos1.com
> alt email: will@students.missouri.edu
Will,
I use a pair of pump pliers to grip the dust cover and work it off.
Or use a small flat bladed screwdriver under the rim of the cap and pry
around the cap to loosen it.

There are other methods used, but having done it this way for years, I
am probably stuck in a rut.

Larry Zink
1964 Spitfire4 Mk1
Houston