Lurking with 65 Herald - do I really want to keep this car?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Lurking with 65 Herald - do I really want to keep this car?
From: Dudley Simons <drs1005@esc.cam.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 11:37:44 +0000
Hi Y'all

I have been lurking in the shadows for a while and now need to step into
the spot light to consult the wisdom of The List!

I have just aquired a 65 1200 Herald convertable.  At some time in its life
someone has swopped the wheels for a set of GT6 rims and tyres - 175x14 I
think?  The previous owner tells me they were on the car when he aquired it
seven years ago.  Anyone out there come across this before?  And does
anyone know the diference it will make to the accuracy of the speedo or am
I going to have to sit down with pencil and paper  and work it out?  They
seem to clear all the body work etc although I havent tried full lock yet!

I am debating whether  to tidy the Herald up and drive it for fun, or to
sell it and save the little spare time I have, the skin on my knuckles, the
little cash I have and my sanity!

If there is anyone out there within striking distance of Cambridgeshire who
is looking for a soft top for the coming summer, I may be easily
'persuaded' to part with the Herald.

Dudley