Re: Spitfire Trivia<34B1D04F.5175EBCE@wolfenet.com>

To: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Trivia<34B1D04F.5175EBCE@wolfenet.com>
From: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 1998 11:25:11 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: Brad Kahler <Brad.Kahler@141.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
>> Has anybody else notice the two holes for spare fuses in the fuse
>> block on the early Spitfires?
>>
>> Just curious
>>
>> Brad
>> 1964 Spitfire

>Brad,
>Not only did I notice them, but I put two spare fuses in the holes.
>(They were the 35/17@#5($@*&^*?#)@# type fuses that I have been hearing
>so much about lately)

Yep, I noticed 'em too, they were filled with 10 amp fuses, the friggin NIGHT
my rear lights fuse went and I needed a 35amp one, so a quick bit of fiddling
with the brake light switch, connect the wires together, permanent brake
lights, dazzled drivers behind, but atleast I got home without a rear end
shunt.  :-)

On the subject of idiot awards, here my contribution.

I was lying under my A40 farina using a blow lamp to soften the underseal so
that I could scrape it off. Basically underseal softened, I scraped it away,
USUALLY.  On this occasion, underseal(READ Napalm) caught fire, dripped all
down the back of my arm, still burning, me screaming, scrambled out from under
car, still burning(me not the car), THEN, this is the REALLY stupid bit, I went
to wipe the bloody stuff off my arm with my HAND, now I have a black arm on
fire, and a black hand on fire, can't remember how but I managed to put the
bloody stuff out eventually, BUT the pain weren't over yet, as anyone who has
witness a women having her legs waxed knows, it looks painfull, well I had my
arm and hand 'underseal-waxed' and it f***in hurt, peelin' off bits of
underseal my hairs attached.

This incident was preceded by me removing the outer sills with an angle
grinder a few month before, there I was sitting cross legged on the floor,
grinder in hand, car in front of me, buzz buzz, zip zip, sills coming off, the
grinding wheel then decides to catch, throws the damn thing down into my lap
and gouges me in the leg, that hurt too!!!

Then there was the time when............Naah sod it, I ain't telling you know
more coz you'll think I'm stupid.  :-)

Rich