Re: Torque settings for rocker arms on TR6

To: Roger Helman <rogerh@digimation.com>, triumph listserv <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Torque settings for rocker arms on TR6
From: Hugh Barber <piglet@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 1998 20:24:04 -0800
Roger,

I ran an S-2 cam in my TR-6's previous engine (no it did'nt blow up).  I
set the clearance at .013".  I got that figure from the TR-250/TR-6
Competition Preparation Manual, 2nd Edition, R.W. Kastner/Michael J.R.
Barrett.

>From page 12 of the CPM:

SPECIFICATIONS FOR S-2 CAMSHAFT V-532
        Inlet opens 31d BTDC            Inlet closes 71d ABDC
        Exhaust opens 71d BBDC  Exhaust closes 31d ATDC
        Duration 282d                   Lift at Valve .405"
        Checking clearance at camshaft - .013"
        Operating clearance at valve hot - .016"

Don't know where TRF got their specs.  It is possible that their S-2 cams
are'nt really S-2 cams - they may have different lobe profiles.  I suggest
if you're not sure then you should call Ted Schumacher at TS Imports.  As I
understand it, Ted owns the "master" for the S-2 grind.

Good Luck,

Hugh Barber
San Jose, CA
'73 TR-6