torque settings for rocker arms on tr6

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: torque settings for rocker arms on tr6
From: "Dwight Sorey" <pearl@GMI.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 12:21:50 -0600
I recently bought a 74 tr6 -- the one I should have bought in 1974 when I
was in college, but couldn't afford the car or worse the insurance.
I am not the mechanic type, yet, so here is a stupid question.  When you
are tuning the car, what torque do you use on the valves?  I have a slight
racing cam in this car.  One guy told me it is no big deal, another told me
if engine is not stone cold, the settings would not be right and are very
critical, to prevent the cam from wearing out.  Which is right?

pearl@gmi.net