Commision Plates

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Commision Plates
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 21:38:12 -0600
Comments: Authenticated sender is <Brad.Kahler@pop.141.com>
Does anyone have a way of cleaning up commision plates like those
found on early Spitfires?

Mine has been paint spattered by PO and has a couple of small dings
in it.  I purchased a replacement plate but it is just stenceled
aluminum and not the raised embossing like the original.

The only solution I can think of is to remove all the paint, then
attempt to fix the small dings, repaint the plate and then somehow
sand or stone the surface lightly until the paint comes off on only
the letters.  In theory it seems like it should work.  But you know
how theory is!  Murphey always gets in there somewhere.

Thanks

Brad
1964 Spitfire4
BFC25720L